When you have time in the morning or even the night before, throw all the ingredients in
the crockpot and keep in the fridge. In the morning, turn on the crockpot, and dinner is ready when you get home.
It take 10-15 minutes to prepare and will feed an army of ravenous teenagers!
Share this Post
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 palm-fulls of chili powder (to taste, depending on how spicy your chili powder is)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried ground coriander
- 1 – 2 tsp salt (depending on your taste, start low and add more later)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cans of black beans (or any of your favorite beans)
- 1 28-oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4 dashes of GF hot sauce
Toss all ingredients into slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
Optional: About 15-30 minutes before you are ready to eat, add leftover cooked meat, rice,
quinoa and/or vegetables. Serve with sour cream, fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, avocado and
shredded cheese if you like, or leave it out—no one will notice!
Addition: If you have time within the day or two before you are having the chili or that day,
make Zucchini Corn Bread Muffins. I use the Krusteaz GF Honey Cornbread mix, with one
extra egg, 2 cups shredded zucchini, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1
tsp chili powder. Mix and bake 10-15 minutes longer than the box says.